Monday 7 October 2013

Chocolate Pie Recipe


This weekend I have been working a bit more on my blog and made links with the wonderful Neja. So I would like to introduce my new sidebar sponsor to Take All Chances. Talented Neja writes a blog which is jam packed full of amazing recipes. I am so pleased for her to share such a comfort food recipe for us all today - this would have been perfect for my lazy weekend! Good to have you!

___________________________________________________________________________________
Photobucket
My name is Neja, a Slovenian girl behind the blog You CAN have your cake and eat it too. I am a girl, who can turn wearing an apron into something cool. Food is my passion. I love to eat it, talk about it, photograph it! I cry when the recipe doesn't work! I am a passionate rambler, outloud thinker and a seeker of positive, beautiful things. I believe you CAN have your cake & eat it too!



The blog: I explore and try out recipes from other blogs, cooking sites and cooking books. My blog is mainly about food, but that's not all. I have a category named Neja's Milkshake, where I share my thoughts, videos, pics from trips and everything that's beautiful and positive.

Chocolate pie




Ingredients:
Pie crust:
600g of cookies (oreo, any kind)
100 g butter

Filling:
3/4 dl (75 ml) sugar
2 tbsp cornstarch
Pinch of salt
2 large egg yolks
3 1/2 dl (350 ml) milk
100 g dark chocolate (70%), chopped
15 g butter
1 tsp vanilla extract

3 dl (300 ml) heavy whipping cream
Cocoa powder, for dusting or milk chocolate, grated


The process:
Pie crust:
Heat oven to 150°C (300F). Mix cookies to fine crumbs in a food processor or blender. Melt the butter and mix with cookie crumbs until well combined. Place mixture in a pie dish (approx. 20 cm/8 inches) and press onto the bottom and up the sides. Bake for about 10 minutes then let cool.





Filling:
Whisk together sugar, cornstarch and salt in a saucepan. Lightly whisk together yolks and milk in a bowl and then pour into the saucepan. Put pan over moderate heat and stir until mixtures thickens.
Remove from heat and add chocolate, butter and vanilla. Stir until smooth. Let cool, stirring every now and then to prevent a skin from forming. Pour filling into prepared pie crust, whip cream and spoon on top of pie. Dust with some cocoa powder and sprinkle grated milk chocolate on top. Put in fridge, for about 4 hours or overnight.








You can find Neja on:
Twitter





Other posts you may like:




___________________________________________________________________________________
Sami's Shenanigans
Mingle 240

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...