Saturday 12 January 2013

Oh...there you are...

I have had a week back at work after my Christmas Break and I feel like I have been MIA. Not only have I still had my 'germ friends' hanging around me, but I have also being absolutely swampped at work. Through the usual day to day classroom jobs, to my co-ordinator roles and the feeling of exhaustion it has been quite a week. 

It is now the weekend and I hope to get ahead of myself so that next week I can at least claim at least a couole of evenings I can claim to myself. That also means I can get back to my little blog too!

Do any teachers out there have some tips on how to  keep your workload to school?

2 comments:

Summer-Claire said...

I have had the same battle with work-life balance and I feel like I'm finally getting there. I do stay late at work twice a week, but I do that because the motivation to get home ASAP helps me to work faster and procrastinate/fuss less. I have also found that flipping my day upside down has helped, i.e. resourcing and planning straight away after school and then do my marking in the mornings, but that is just me and I realise is probably not the miracle solution you need! It is so hard though, and I think there will always be times when it is impossible to leave school work at the classroom door :(

Take All Chances - Missy said...

It is very difficult. I am now into my 6th year and have 3 co-ordinator roles, run after school club, work late 4 nights a week and then when I return home. I am trying out a number of things such as the resources and the marking etc after school. I will keep trying and if and when I find the solution I will let you know! haha!! 5 weeks till next break :-)
Missy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...