Wednesday 25 May 2011

OCD...

Obsessive. Compulsive.Disorder.

The above is defined as: An anxiety disorder in which a person suffers from obsessive thoughts and compulsive actions, such as cleaning, checking, counting, or hoarding.

Many people suffer from this and go through various treatments, however I think that the majority of people suffer from this in a small way somehow or other. I personally have a few of my own OCD activities.

Food

I love food ... but I know what I like and what I don't. When it comes to lunch at school I have the same routine each week. Sandwiches Mon, Tues and Thurs, sausage rolls on Wednesdays and beef sandwich roll on a Friday. I will happily have this and the same crisps and biscuits for weeks on end. A fellow staff member even jokes...Oh it must be Wednesday you have sausage rolls. This as you can tell does not go un-noticed. But considering pretty much every staff member is on some form of a diet I tend to consider myself as the most sane eater of the whole lot haha!

{Via}


Getting Ready
I have the same order which I do my make up every day and then get ready. I always leave my hair till last. If I get out of order I feel all all of synch. 

{Via}

Reading

I love to read gossip blogs on the Internet (finding out stuff is what i like but more about that later) and when I haven't read it in a couple of days I always have lots to read. I will then read and only stop reading on an even page. I don't know why this is but I do. I also generally read magazines from back to front. Oh and don't borrow a book from me and leave big creases in the spine - I hate that!

{Via}

Information

I like to know things. Anything that interests me I will learn as much as I can about it. When I was introduced to hockey I read up on it, found out about the teams, players etc etc. I am now known to know just as much as my friends who have loved the sport for many more years. Any celebrity gossip there is I will know. If information is random about celebrities or fashion chances are I'll have some idea. Miss Twin once text me some random question to settle an argument because, "I knew you'd know useless stuff like that." If I watch a film, one of the first things I do is head to IMDB to find out about the actors and trivia. I have often been told I'd make a great detective. I just like to search and found out stuff. Compulsive? Yes but oh so fun!

{Via}


 I could go on but I think I've shared enough of my craziness for one day!! What about you? Do you have any specific obsessive traits?Surely I'm not alone?!

3 comments:

highheeledlife said...

Hi there thanks for visiting and following.. You have a great blog and I'm following back...

Loved this post .. I think most people are a little OCD ... I find since the accident ... I need routine (though I still try to fight it..lol..) to keep things going smoothly throghout the day.

I loved your comment on borrowing books and the bent spine .. that drives me crazy too!!! Have a great day .HHL

TexaGermaFinlaNadian said...

Is that obsessive, or is that just life?? If it is the former, I am obsessive too..and I think most people are. Esp about the morning rituals. But pretty funny that your coworkers know what you will have for lunch on what day!

Anonymous said...

Oooh, honey. Do i have a strange habit for you... I have to use each spoon in the silverware drawer before I can start the rotation again. So say I have 15 spoons, I have to use all 15 before I can use the first spoon again. If I mess up and use a spoon I've already used, I feel sorry for the spoon that got left out. How would Freud explain that one?? :O)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...