Friday 20 May 2011

I was offered a job...

I was asked to stay at the school I'm at today. I've been there for 4 years come end of school year. It is a school where people don't leave they just have babies so every year they move things around to get me into a class full time and this year a few people have left and they asked me to stay. I had the mindset of, "If the headteacher wants me to stay she'll make sure I do." I was right- earlier in the week she said she would know if there was a place for me next year (it was still up in the air as budgets are being cut in schools but that's another story). I said that would be good and that I was still applying for  jobs just in case.When I told her this, her face dropped and she responded with, "But you do want to stay next year don't you? You will stay if I offer you a job because there will be something..." I then let her know that a maternity cover is not what I would accept and she started talking about permanent. Then today she asked me to stay for permanent.

Not only that but a few members of staff have requested to work with me. She is even touting putting me in a Year 6 SAT class where I would take the special needs while the deputy and other Y6 would take high and middle to get them improved for SAT's. Then after Literacy and Numeracy I'd have my own class. So it has been nice to feel wanted. Where I go I don't care, it's just nice to know I'm staying again. Plus, I have asked her to help get my professional development tailored to support application to International Schools next year in case I still want to do that.

On this note my Project: Do Me list needs to change:

Daily
1- Read 5 pages of a book.
2- Spend 15 minutes exercising to sort my knee out.
3- Get out of bed before 7am.
4- Drink a bottle of water at school.
Add: 5- Mark Literacy and Numeracy before leaving school.
 
Update: I have managed to do most everyday. I'm not working out the knee tonight though as I haven't literally stopped all day and it's sore from rushing around. I've been doing about half hour so it's going well. I have managed the book, every night before bed. I'm reading 'Girl With A Pearl Earring'.

Weekly
1.Have a Hydra Quench facial and nail night.
2.Watch a film.
3. Have one night at least off from doing work.
4. Apply for two jobs. I have one :-)
4. Sort clothing itinerary for New York trip next Saturday. (A specific one for this week)

This month (We'll make it till end of June since May is nearly over!) 
1.Plan sports day for my school.

 This Year
1. Be happy- that's all there is to want from life :-)



I'm having a night off tonight so I can be really lazy and have a loner night. I have been non stop all week and the idea of being alone, watching a film and lazing about sounds absolute bliss! I think it will be my nail night too! Hope you have all had a good week and have something nice planned for your Friday.

Here's a quote from one of my favourite idols- Audrey Hepburn- to sum up how I feel tonight:


* That's me dressed as her as Holly Golightly for a fancy dress party- I won the Oscar for being best dressed there. Audrey's style lives on.

6 comments:

Lucy said...

That's awesome! Congratulations on the job offer!! :)

OKinUK said...

Congratulations! I'm so glad you got a job that you want!

Laura said...

Congratulations on your job! I bet it feels extra great because they already know and love you. Visiting from Mingle Monday.

El Grande said...

Congrats!!!

Rebecca said...

Congratulations Missy! That is incredible! I am sure that must be very relieving for you -- no more sucky job search! YAY! That is amazing news. And amazing news, deserve awards! On my blog! For you!

Take All Chances - Missy said...

Thank you all :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...