Tuesday 20 August 2013

What's my age again?

This weekend I have felt extremely inadequate... I upgraded my phone. Why would this make me feel inadequate? Well, I realised that I didn't know that much about phones.

I upgraded my lovely Samsung S2 - which has seen me well through many a situations and travels in two years - to a Samsung S4. As soon a I picked up the S4 I knew I wanted to upgrade to that one. I am a fan of Samsung in general anyway and would choose them over Apple on most occasions. When I choose the phone, the assistant asked if I wanted their service to transfer all my data etc onto my new phone. I decided I couldn't justify paying someone to do that and opted to try it myself. So out I walked with my shiny new phone.

Cut to 3am the next morning and there I was completely and utterly baffled. I had backed up my old phone (I know - something I had neglected to do) and began trying to transfer. I realised I did not have the right cables. So the next day I headed back to my parents and luckily found the right cable.


It all looked good at least...

So off I set again - feeling suitably frustrated and confused again. I set up the phones, set everything to go and it began to 'transfer'.Victory to me, I happily spent my time blogging away. But guess what? It didn't work again. At this point I started to feel like an old lady. This must be how older people feel when they got confused with new technology.

How could I not do this? I am competent with technology and know how things work. But the phone - it just was not working. I then had messages to update drivers. Argghh!! I wanted to cry under the table...and drink... and feel even more useless.


When did I turn 90?! [Source]

This was the point I gave up, and that is not my usual style. I went back to the store and asked them to help me out. I felt so clueless, and I couldn't believe I hadn't been able to do it. The guy in the store was great. I left my phone for a few hours and voila! It was all set, data transferred and good to go! Finally I could play with my pretty new phone.... now to work all the apps.

So fresh and so cool.... check out that clear screen!



Have you had any phone disasters lately? Do you have any tips for the Samsung S4?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...