Friday 24 August 2012

How time flies...

It has been a long time since I've blogged...in fact, make that a VERY long time. There has been many occasions on which I have tried, and failed, to write but the words just couldn't escape.

I can't describe the feeling too well, but as you are fellow bloggers I'm pretty sure you know exactly what I'm talking about. What I've found difficult is that these thoughts weren't all in little areas of my mind, they have been all jumbled, to the point where I couldn't make any sense of them. It was like my mind was running out of space as more and more thoughts gathered, just spinning around in there. 

I always said I would only continue to write while it was fun. However it was and still is fun, I just seemed to lose the ability. After the year I have had it was very difficult to make sense of thought. My good friends will tell you that when I can't process thoughts I become quite the anxious person. This of course affects a number of areas in my life. 

I have just returned from a month away from what I would call my 'real life' and it has been just what was needed. I am feeling a lot more focused again in what I want from life and what I need to do. I was away visiting a very good friend and often we would discuss how we were 'lost' and how others were 'finding themselves'. A bit like ourselves really. Then I found a quote which rang true to me:

"Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."

The idea of needing to find yourself can be so time consuming and take away from the real thing of us creating ourselves. So, that's what I am going to focus on...not thinking that there are things I should be doing, places I should be seeing but making myself into what I want to be.

I m hoping my new clarity will free my thinking and thoughts. I will be back to blogging and sharing my thoughts with you all.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...