Friday 7 October 2011

People help the people...

As I've been having a few days where I haven't quite felt the best, I have been more sensitive to people’s behaviour, words and feelings. Almost like my heightened feelings have made me more aware of others. The teacher I work alongside within the other Year 4 class is going through a stressful time with workload so I have been trying hard to cheer her up and help her regardless of the way I was feeling. I like to make people feel happy and bright. 

While I was away, Miss Aussie was having a down day unbeknownst to me. I kinda sensed she was a little homesick but hadn't realised the extent. Knowing this I tried hard to make her smile and be a positive influence. Sometimes I find all you need to do is make someone smile and you see them visibly lift. From saying something nice and kind, can make all the difference. You can really help someone more than you think. I informed Miss GG today that I may be too unwell to join her birthday night out on Saturday and she replied with:

" Aw, I hope you can come. You're the only one I care about being there."

These two sentences made me smile and feel good about myself. Two little sentences was all it took to make my day.

In such a busy world, we sometimes forget how easy it is to make another person smile with a simple sentence. People CAN help people by just being nice and giving a compliment and a meaningful compliment! On the topic of helping people I would like to introduce you to a site from my good friend TexaGermaNadian. It's based on the premise of nobody need wait to make someone’s day and called, 'Nobody Need Wait'. She is wanting to collect a mix of stories about how we, as people, make can make each others day. Pop on over and have a look around, submit a story even and be sure to follow.




I am going to leave you with a pretty great song which I am loving at the moment. It is a cover of a Cherry Ghost song called 'People Help The People'. Hope you like it. 



 


Has someone helped you lately and made you smile? How?

3 comments:

Bess V. said...

My coworker gave me a compliment the other day, and I got some nice birthday wishes on Facebook. On another note, I posted that quote I mentioned in my previous post on my blog!

Anonymous said...

I love that song. Since ive been stuck at home sick all week i have been just trying to spread blessing and love online!! :)

Take All Chances - Missy said...

@Bess- Aww thats good to hear :-) It's always nice to get a compliment.
@Jodi- Well I feel the love...thank you!! Hope you're better soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...