Sunday 26 June 2011

Race day...

To celebrate turning another year older next week, Miss Twin and our friends went to the races. This has become somewhat of a tradition over the past few years. We all get dressed up, have drinks (before mid-day woo!) and a few bets on the races. I must say, I do get a bit carried away. Miss GG would be able to explain my gambling, she visited Vegas with me haha!! After the day is over we then all troop into town for food, drinks and dancing. It's such a fun day and made even better by having my friends all around me. It makes getting older easier when I realise how fabulous they are.

It was so fun to see all the girls dressed up and the guys all looking smart in their suits. The day itself flew by from the first race. As there is only half an hour between each race you're constantly on the go trying to collect winnings, place another bet, get a drink or stand in incredibly long lines for the loo!! I managed to win on a few races throughout the day which was fun but my accumulators were a no go!! All in all the day was great AND it didn't rain! How lucky?!



Hope you're all having a fabulous weekend!!
Check out FTLOB for some 'Comment Love' today!



10 comments:

CinfulCinnamon said...

Traditions define our life. The fact that we can hold on to them in this world that never seems to respect anything of permanence is a VERY good thing. Bravo to yours.

Stopping by from FTLOB

Have a great weekend.

Shaneiferd said...

Pretty awesome way to celebrate a birthday!

Hello Sundae said...

Oh! I love the dresses! That's such a great birthday idea, congrats on your winnings!

Take All Chances - Missy said...

@CC- I know!! Even a day to day routine is hard to stick by sometimes. It's nice having a group of friends who follow the same thought pattern!
@Shane- It definitly is!! Winning some money is a good way to sweeten getting older!
@HS- Thank you!

Kym @ Travel Babbles said...

AW! That looks like such a fun time and celebration. Look at you ladies all dressed up - I love each of your outfits. I've never been to a horse race, but TJ use to go when we lived in West Virginia and loved it. :)

Eschelle Westwood Mumfection said...

super cute outing GREAT idea for a birthday outing!

Hockey Wife said...

I LOOOOOOOOVE that dress! That looks like so much fun!

Sorry I haven't been quiet lately. :(

Take All Chances - Missy said...

@KY- You'd love it! For an occassion it's a really fun way to all get together. Plus you have the excitement of betting haha!!
@Eschelle- It definitly is, it will be a tradition for some time I hope!
@HW- Thanks, it took some time trying to find it but was totally worth it! Now worries (I'm assuming you meant to write been quiet) you've got a lot of stuff going on!Take care!

Rebecca said...

Ahh that looks like such a great day! Love your dress -- i am sure you had a fabulous time with the girls!

Take All Chances - Missy said...

Reb- We did, the guys were very much form based bets whereas we just went with 'instinct' and good names! We actually faired better however! haha!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...