Monday 18 April 2011

Teachers get long holidays...

Today, as a teacher on Easter break, according to many I would have had a  long lie in, went to do some shopping, had a long lunch with a friend and generally be all round lazy. As many people presume, teachers watch kids play, occasionally teach them how to read a word, watch them play outside, and then get lovely long holidays where we do nothing. Right? Wrong!!

Oh how I wish the above was true. It would be a lot less stressful if it were. I am sure the fellow teachers will agree that they now just smile and nod politely when they get... "But you get those long holidays!" Yes we do and for that I am extremely grateful and I do have days where I will do nothing but others are generally spent doing at least some work.

Today I went into school, yes...there were no kids but I was there (along with 6 others) working away. In some ways it may seem pretty sad but in fact, I managed to get quite a bit done. Being sports coordinator I have lots of responsibilities which kinda take a back seat at the end of term..not today!!! I had a display which was unfinished...not now! I had papers to be sorted and chucked out... done!! Marking to be done...err I wasn't THAT motivated.I will be back tomorrow morning (last time of the break I am sure) to finish that task!

I'm aiming to get a list of work sorted (and hopefully get ahead of myself for next term...keep your fingers crossed that my concentration lasts long enough) then I can have the fun which people assume us teachers have.

I hope you other teachers manage to get SOME kind of a break this Easter!Re-charge...it's the final stretch when we return!


I just wanted to share a couple of my pretty displays (With such small boards there is only so much I can do unfortunately...but they look nice anyway!)

Fairytale fun!

Fantastic Fox reports...

6 comments:

TexaGermaFinlaNadian said...

Well I hope you get some R&R in on your holiday :)

Take All Chances - Missy said...

Thank you :-) I have some plans which will be so much more fun if I get all the work out the way with (hopefully!).

bettybite said...

my mother wasa teacher for 35 years and she was one of the hardest working people i know. Holidays and all. raised 5 kids. and put them all through college.

I only have mad props for any teacher! all of them! Your displays are beautiful! Get some you time in girl!

Unknown said...

It's so much easier to get stuff done when the school is mostly empty! Hope you have a great break...and get to sleep in at least a morning or too:)

OKinUK said...

Wait, you aren't in Tenerife by now?

Take All Chances - Missy said...

@Bettybite- Thanks :-)Your mam sounds pretty amazing...5 kids and a teacher for 35 years!
@Poe- I'm sure I will be able to fit in a few late mornings haha!That's one thing I'm really good at!
@Mollie- Alas no... I wish but nope I'm still in England where Mr Sun does not know if he wants to shine or not! He tricks me by letting me leave the house in suitable shoes only for a few hours later to laugh at me when he changes to cold. So indecisive!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...