Wednesday 9 February 2011

'I'm too busy to help..'

RARGH!!!!  

Today I had what may possibly have been a mini breakdown at work. Instead of planning and sorting resources, I was running around trying to get things sorted for a visitor assembly. However, nothing worked. This set my stress bells ringing. So, I tried to stay calm and went to everyone who could've potentially helped and finally got led to office staff. When I asked them (in my most polite manner of course), I was given the response of.."I'm too busy at the moment. You'll have to sort it.."

WHAT!? Why would I go ask for help if I could sort it? 

That isn't funny. All my social sessions taught to my kids helped as I took some deep breaths and walked away with my parting shot (in a very childish tone) "Fine..I'll just sort it out myself." I know I sound a bit childish but seriously, it was a visitor and what kind of impression is that? I then walked to the little planning room where the other teacher I plan with was and 'RARGHED' out loud. She just looked and I could see the look of... I wish I could do that too! So I sat, ate some chocolate and went back to collect the visitor, take her to the hall and apologised profusely for the lack of sound.

If I have learned anything from today it is that chocolate and shouting out loud can pull me back from a childish sulk breakdown.

On a positive note, I got another card AND another cake today! I wonder if the kids are trying to fatten me up like in Hansel and Gretel? Fingers crossed that is not case!

This last part is for anyone to gasp at admire but especially for K at Travel babbles.... needing help choosing a dress? Here's an idea ;) 





4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Wow, you have got to love inconsiderate, lazy people. I am sorry you have to work in such environment - kudos to the sweet kids though, they seem to love you dearly!

Take All Chances - Missy said...

Tell me about it!! I don't expect preferential treatment but a little help for a visitor would be nice. Yep- the kids are brilliant!

Unknown said...

Oh man. I think I'll have to seriously consider that dress. Haha!

Take All Chances - Missy said...

As long as you get the complementing green bridesmaids dresses :-) Otherwise it would just look silly!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...