Monday 28 October 2013

Who am I?

Recently I have started therapy once again and it has definitely been a better experience than last time. The therapy is a Humanistic approach and involves lots of talking with a great focus on me. This is not easy. But, talking is exactly what I need right now. A safe environment where I can truly share my thoughts, feelings and worries without fear of being a burden or being stupid. 

It has raised a number of questions for me and made me think about the whole process. My previous session I discussed the frustration that I wasn't 'me' anymore. My therapist and I discussed the fact that I should not compare myself and start to accept what is happening and who I am right now. We began to explore the type of person I am and how this would change.


[Source]
  When I get through this, I will be changed. It is bound to happen, after all we evolve constantly. However, this time it is more forced. Everything happens for a reason, and this may be in a cruel way, but it is showing me something. There are aspects of my personality, which I accept, that can lead to my anxiety and depression. These are the things which I know will, and should, change after this.

So, 'Who am I?' What type of person will I become when I make it through the other side of this? I am not sure but I am definitely working on this.


Do you feel like you are still finding yourself?


 
Find Me
twitter/bloglovin/pinterest/instagram

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...