Monday 11 February 2013

Weekend off...

I had a rare treat this weekend, I did not have any school work to do. Yes I had work to do but I decided Friday that I would not bring any back with me. I can't recall a weekend free of work - one of the downsides of being a teacher.

Oh so true...  [Source]


With my whole weekend ahead of me I had options for once. As I am moving into my new home very soon, I thought I had best get shopping and actually buying items for it. To say I have been a bit lax with the whole furniture thing is an understatement. So I headed off to my favourite place - Ikea.

But, Ikea on a Saturday? I have lessons to learn. Not only was the car park congested (more gates had to be open to help) but the store itself was just crazy. For once I actually did not enjoy my time there. How was I supposed to pretend living rooms and bedrooms were mine when an army of people kept walking in? So I gave up before I had a breakdown in the wardrobe area - I am too young for that. 

Seriously.. Get out of my bedroom(s)

I then left and headed over to shops to look at home ware items. Unfortunately I didn't have much luck there. I became rather overwhelmed by all the pots, pans, kettles, toasters, place mats, cutlery and so on. For fear of another meltdown due to overwhelming amount of home ware I decided to do what I do best and that was head to clothing store.

Now this is what I am good at - shopping! I managed to pick up quite the bargain too. I found a lovely blazer in H&M which is a bit of a drastic step away from my usual look. A blazer I know is not too different and I am married to mine in the warmer months here in the UK, however, this blazer was bright pink. I paired it with a Topshop dress and it looked pretty good if I do say so myself.
Sleeves rolled up above wrists, unbuttoned over a LBD - Hello Saturday night! [Source]


It was also a big night on Saturday. It was my first night out since New Year's Eve. I figured it was time to try getting out after all the illnesses have struck me and I had a great time. I drank and danced the night away with one of my best friends Miss Hair. She is a great laugh and knows exactly how to cheer me up. The music was great which helped the night along.

My Sunday was a quieter affair with another trip to Ikea (still busy but a little less manic) and eventually ordering my wardrobe. I then had the option of picking my items or paying £20 for Ikea to do so. Me being me I decided that £20 was an insane price to pay for my wardrobe boxes to be picked so me and my Mam went off on our merry way. By the time I had reached the checkout I was aching slightly but there was no way it was £20 worth of ache. I may be little but I'm tough - take that Ikea!

Let's hope when I come to build it, it still looks like this... [Source]




How was your weekend? What was your fvourite part?


Blog Hop Time

Mingle 240






4 comments:

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Thanks for linking up with us :) Happy to have you.

Can you believe I've never been to an Ikea? Crazy right?! Glad you had a great weekend. Loving the blazer!

Emily Hornburg said...

Hi from Mingle Monday!

I LOVE Ikea - but there isn't one close to me so I never get to shop there. Your post made me think of 500 Days of Summer though where they pretend the rooms in the store are their home. It's awesome.

R's Rue said...

Great blazer!
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Take All Chances - Missy said...

@ Leanne - Oh my gosh!! You must go there. They literally have any and everything you would need haha!!

@Emily - That's a shame :( It too reminds me of that movie, i love it!

@Regine - Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...