Tuesday 6 September 2011

New term...nothing's changed...kind of

Today was my first day back to school properly with all the kids in. I have to say, and I may eat these words later in the term, I loved it. Even though nothings changed in the sense of all the people in the school- I've changed. I'm happy and have found my passion again for teaching. I like to think this will continue and hopefully not slowly drain away when the work load increases. After being away over the summer I've realised that there are some things which you can't control and the positivity around myself is definitely one of those things. However, through being positive myself I can influence it and I am trying extremely hard to keep those around me happy and positive.

My kids this year are the same class from last year and they were fab as always. I spent the first hour chatting and sharing news with them and introducing the new hockey themed reward system I have for them. They have 6 hockey teams and we have points for the class league. They love it and we've already decided we will check up on the leagues for real too to see if any manage to do well in the NHL. Knowing the class from last year has helped me create a nice relaxing and ready to work atmosphere straight away and I like that.

Not only am I trying to improve my work life, I am working on my own personal life. After all they go hand in hand. I was a relative stranger to the kitchen about a month ago but since returning I have cooked home made meals pretty much every night. I've been making pasta dishes, stir fry and eating lots of vegetables. I am trying to think the whole, If you eat right - your body will treat you right. Surprisingly I am enjoying this new found cooking malarkey. I think I am definitely seeing an improvement to how I was when I ate crappy food all day and lots of chocolate!! Even though I could eat all that without gaining weight it wasn't good for me. 

All in all I want this to be a new start to me actually looking after myself 1st and then working 2nd.

Stay happy whichever way you can...


Wish me luck!!

5 comments:

TexaGermaFinlaNadian said...

Ohh, I didn't realize you have the same kiddos. Nice! That makes it easy. And really cute reward system :)

Anonymous said...

This is creative and cute :)

Fingers crossed for ya :)

El Grande said...

Good luck!

Bel said...

Sounds great! I love reading your teaching adventures :) What grade do you teach?

Belly B :)

Take All Chances - Missy said...

@Lindsey- Yea, I've struck lucky I reckon. They are LOVING the reward.
@Jodi- Thank you!
@El Grande- Thanks- save more luck for me as the term goes on, then I'll be needing it.
@Belly- I teach Year 4 - ages 8-9. I love the job!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...