Sunday 23 September 2012

Crazy Stupid Love...

My Saturday night consisted of work and then a movie. I am not ashamed to say that I choose the movie Crazy Stupid Love because Ryan Gosling was in it. What can I say... I'm a fan! What I got was actually a rather witty film about love and how it is experienced by a range of different people whose lives all intertwine.

It brings up a topic which I have wrote about before - soul mates. We all have a soul mate and I often wonder if we have many for the different stages in life. Regardless of how many or if we even have one, the idea that we can love someone so much that it can hurt  is what stands out in the film for me. If we somehow don't have that person or we find ourselves apart from them how much do you fight?

Sometimes we just don't have that fight in us...


In the film, the line, 'Go big or go home,' was uttered more than once. The thought that you would do anything for that one person and not give up on them is such an amazing thought but sometimes, through no fault of our own, may not be the easiest thing to do. You can have as much love in the world for someone but if you do not love yourself this may be hard to accept. As we grow older, our day to day lives become so much busier and life experiences jump at us when we least expect it. These are just a number of factors which can sometimes make the 'Go big' difficult to do.

I guess those are the things which make love crazy and stupid right? Love is love, it's amazing, heartbreaking, frustrating, wonderful, crazy, beautiful, easy and difficult all rolled into one. That's sometimes the pull of love isn't it? It gives us something amazing to work on and feel so proud of. We nurture love and it grows and grows into the most amazing thing in the world.

I have been crazy in love, stupid in love and I believe I have been in love. Have I found my 'love soulmate'? I am not sure, I'm still figuring that one out but what I can say is that I am still crazy and stupid when it comes to love. At some point this will be for the right person - my own soulmate if you will.



 
Have you ever 'gone big' in any love relationships or had anyone do so for you?




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...