Friday 1 July 2011

Get creative...

I have been working the past couple of weeks on a class production about our topic of rainforests. I have decided to share some of our outfits for the play which I created!!! I had very little materials left as it's near enough the end of term so had to try grab some myself. They're not exactly perfect or anything exciting but the kids look fab!!



They all have clothing to match their animals too. However one choose to match a grey dressing gown to his bear outfit for the Bare Necessities song. He was too happy and excited for me to say no to it haha!! He definitely looks like a bear who rests at ease! The butterfly wings actually had me sewing using a needle and thread to make them. I carried out what I thought was a 'running stich' but it turned out it wasn't one of those and was just a 'Missy stitch'. Not my strong point (as you can tell) but it needed to be done and actually worked very well! They have little elastic wrist bands too to make sure they flutter like real wings.

My favourites have to be the butterfly masks! How pretty please? The girls all made sure they were symmetrical, aren't they clever?


4 comments:

Shaneiferd said...

You made all of these yourself? Very nice work. Jealous of your creative talent...I'm not crafty at all. Failed Home Ec in middle school lol.

TexaGermaFinlaNadian said...

So cute! I bet the kiddos loved these. Who am I kidding, I would love these too! Hope you are having a great start to the weekend :)

Take All Chances - Missy said...

@Shane- I did yes :-) Thanks! I'm not too bad when it's simple creative stuf. Anything with detail does not look good haha!! I'm sure Home Ec wasn't the most 'set you up for the world ahead' lesson so I would let that be the judge of your creativity!
@Lindsey- I know...I secretly want the butterfly mask! It reminds me of masked balls on Gossip Girls haha!!! Plus when I made the butterflies, I admit I did have a prance around when I tried them on to 'check' they were ok!

Sarah said...

Oh my goodness! LOOK how creative these are. Seriously, I do not think I could ever do this with not a lot of resources! GREAT job

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...